- How do I purchase an item from this site?
- How do I register?
- How do I recover a lost or forgotten password?
- How do I change my existing password?
- Why do I get a warning message that my selected username is invalid?
- Why does it say that my email address is already in use?
- Why am I not receiving any emails?
- Why isn't the captcha code working?
- How do I change the email address tied to my account?
Bidding and Payment
- How do I cancel my order or bid?
- How do I contact the seller?
- How will I know if I've won an item?
- How do I Pay for my winning item?
- What payment options are accepted?
- I don't have a PayPal account, can I pay with my credit card?
- I've won an auction, how long do I have to pay for my item?
Shipping and Returns
- Where can orders be shipped?
- When will my order be shipped/processed?
- How will I know if my order is shipped?
- Can I pick up my order instead of having to pay for shipping?
- What is the ShopTheSalvationArmy return policy?
- How do I return a damaged, defective, or not as described order?
- What if I did not like the item or have changed my mind?
- Do purchases come with any warranty?
Q. How do I register?
A. Please click the following link to register to our site: click here
Q. How do I recover a lost or forgotten password?
A. Send yourself a password reset via email.
- From the sign in page select the Forgot password? link or click here.
- Enter your email address associated with your account and click the [Submit] button.
- Check your email inbox. If the email does not arrive in your inbox be sure to check your junk mail folder or spam filter.
- Click the reset link in that email.
- Choose a new password.
Q. How do I change my password?
A. You can change your password at any time.
- From your logged in account, go to your MyAccount area.
- From the left hand menu, select "Password" or click here
- Enter your current password.
- Choose your new password.
- Save your changes by clicking the [Change Password] button.
Q. Why do I get a warning message that my selected username is invalid?
A. Every user must select a username for their account. The username can only contain letters, numbers, underscores, and hyphens. We recommend replacing all [spaces] with either an underscore or hyphen.
- Incorrect: MY Username
- Correct: MY-Username
- Correct: MY_Username
Or, it says that the username selected is already in use.
- Usernames are unique. Two users cannot share the same username. If you get a notice during registration that your username is already in use, you will need to select a different username.
Q. Why does it say that my email address is already in use?
A. If you get a notice that your email address is already in use when creating an account, which means that you have already created an account with us at some point. If you do not remember your login information, please enter your email address into the forgotten password form and you will be able to reset your password and log in to your account.
Q. Why am I not receiving any emails?
- The sender will be from firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- You should receive email notifications for the following subjects:
- Asking Listing Questions
- Bid Confirmation
- Outbid Confirmation
- Purchase Confirmation
- Reset Password
- Feedback Received
- Offers and Counter Offers
- User Message Received
A. If you are not receiving expected site emails, please check the following:
- Check your junk mail folder or spam filter for the missing emails.
- Make sure that your email address, in your account settings, is entered correctly.
- Verify that your email client, such as Outlook, is not in “offline” mode.
- If you use a POP3 connection to retrieve your email, please verify that the emails were not downloaded to a different computer.
If you are still not receiving our emails, please contact us.
Q. Why isn't the captcha code working?
A. There may be additional updates or cookies/cache to clear, in order to view the correct captcha code in your browser
- If you are running Google Chrome, you may need to update the browser:
- At the top right, click .
- Navigate to "Help" > About google chrome
- There it will check for the update and the chrome will be updated
- If this still does not work, you may need to clear your browser cache and cookies.
- If you are running Mozilla Firefox:
- Make sure to disable any tracking protection in your options settings.
- To clear Cache: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-clear-firefox-cache
Q. How do I change the email address tied to my account?
A. You can change your email address by editing your account details within your “MyAccount” area.
Bidding and Payment
Q: How do I cancel my order or bid?
A: Please contact the seller and request to cancel the order or bid.
Q: How do I contact the seller?
A: If it's concerning an item you've already won:
- On your My Account page, click on your list of most recently won auctions. (Or click here.)
- After finding the listing, click the options (or gear) icon to the right of the order and select "Contact".
A: If it's concerning an item still on auction or fixed price:
- You can choose to "Post a question" for all to see (scroll to the bottom of the listing)
- You can send a message directly to the seller about the particular item.
- Locate the small blue envelope icon next to the Seller Name.
- Once you click the blue envelope icon, you'll be redirected to the messaging box with the item in question.
Q: How will I know if I've won an item?
A: You will receive email notifications for all winning items, and it will also be listed in the Won tab of your accounts page.
Q: How do I Pay for my winning Item?
A: You may also access the Invoice tab to see all of your open orders, awaiting payment.
Q: What payment options do you accept?
A: We currently accept payments through PayPal.
Q: I don't have a PayPal account, can I pay with my credit card?
A: PayPal does provide an option for non registered users to complete the payment online without logging in.
- Proceed to checkout by clicking the "Pay with Debit or Credit Card" button.
Q: I've won an auction, how long do I have to pay for my item?
A: Please complete your payment within 5 days of the auction's end.
- If you require additional time to complete your payment, please contact the seller for an extension as soon as possible.
Shipping and Returns
Q: Where can items be shipped?
A: Orders can only be shipped within the United States. (If you have an APO/FPO/DPO address, please contact the seller)
- We unfortunately, DO NOT ship internationally.
Q: When will my order be shipped/processed?
A: All orders are processed within 1-2 business days. We maintain business hours Monday through Friday and will do our best to ship out your order on day of your completed transaction.
- If an item is won on the weekend, the order will be processed the following Business Day.
- Orders will also not be shipped on Observed Holidays by the carrier.
Q: How will I know if my order is shipped?
A: Once we process your order for shipment, you will receive an email notifying you of the status with a tracking number. (Please be aware that the carrier site may take 24-48 hours to update the status of your shipment.
- If you do not see any progress with your shipment after 2 business days of receiving your tracking number, please contact us.
Q: Can I pick up my order instead of having to pay for shipping?
A: Yes, the majority of items we sell online will be available for pickup, but payments must be processed online prior to arranging pickup. Please contact the seller for additional information. If the listing does not have the option for local pickup, a refund of the shipping charges will be refunded back to your account.
Q: What is the ShopTheSalvationArmy return policy?
A: We will accept a return for a damaged, defective, or item that was not as described, within 21 days of the delivery date.
Q: How do I return a damaged, defective, or not as described order?
A: Please contact the seller to begin the returns process. Be sure to provide specific information about any damages, defects, or any discrepancies. The seller will assess the issue and provide you with a remedy, including details on how to proceed.
Q: What if I did not like the item or have changed my mind?
A: If you’d like to return an order because of "buyer's remorse" (not liking the size, color, fit, etc.), we will accept a return within 21 days of delivery. Return shipping shall be your responsibility. A prepaid label WILL NOT be provided.
- Please contact the seller for additional information on where to send the return.
Q: Do purchases come with any warranty?
A: Unfortunately, since we are not the manufacturer and all items are donated, we cannot guarantee any of the manufacturers' warranties will apply (even if we sell them as NEW items). Please assume that any items purchased through our site are not covered under warranty.